Highland Cattle Farm Tours Tasmania
You're welcome to just book a Farm Tour or if you Stay its included
You are welcome to book a Farm Tour as a day visit but theses spots are limited as first priority needs to be given to guests who stay. Bookings are essential.
You'll get up close to some gorgeous Highland Cattle and their calves and even brush them, as well as visiting some friendly alpacas. Its a unique experience with numbers limited to 10 people as transport around the property is in a couple of 6 seater ATVs. I'll share with you some of my new found knowledge on farming and you’ll have plenty of opportunity to ask lots of questions and take lots of photos too.
Bookings are limited to 10 people
- allow two hours for your tour
- gum boots supplied for bio-security
- trousers are recommended as the grass can be itchy and flowing skirts spook my animals
- bring your cameras
- well behaved children are welcome (please be aware my cows are about 650kg)
- children 3yrs and under need to be carried while we are in the paddock for safety
- if there are 2 children under the age of 5, there needs to be at least 2 adults to watch over them
- refreshments and homemade cookies
- morning tours available Monday to Saturday at 9am or 9.30am in cooler months,
- afternoon tours on Wednesday or Saturday at 2pm in winter changing gradually to 4pm in summer.
- $95 for adults, $60 for children from 4 to 10yrs and children 3 yrs and under are at no charge.
Disclaimer: Guests or Visitors to Highland Getaway, 545 North Huon Road, Ranelagh, Tasmania are required to accept responsibility and liability for their own activities whilst at Highland Getaway including riding in the ATV vehicles and participating in feeding and brushing of livestock. I watch my animals at all times but on occasions I need to give directions to people to ensure everyone's safety, so it is expected that everyone will follow directions without hesitation (eg, controlling children or getting back into the ATV).
Email, text or call me (Julie) on 0400 076 816 to organise your farm tour. It's an awesome experience, you'll love it.